Windows (All Versions)
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
- Detects several new hijacking methods
- Fully supports new Windows versions
- New and updated supplementary tools
- Improved interface, security, and backups
As a result, false positives are imminent, and unless you're sure about what you're doing, you always should consult with knowledgeable folks before deleting anything. HijackThis Fork inspects your PC browser and operating system settings to generate a log file of the current state of your Windows!
Features and Highlights
- Lists the contents of key areas of the Registry and hard drive
- Generate reports and presents them in an organized fashion
- Does not target specific programs and URLs
- Detects only the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites
Note: Trend-Micro has abandoned the development of HijackThis product (the latest version 2,05 from 2013 is still available for download). Stanislav Polshyn, a lawyer and security observer, and malware researcher from Ukraine created a fork and continued the development of this tool as an open-source project.